THE VIEW FROM OUR CORNER
Undergraduate commencement exercises for the class of 2022 took place in Central Park with five joyous ceremonies (and perfect weather) on May 24 and 25. The keynote speakers were all FIT alumni and all distinguished leaders in their fields:
- Ken Downing, Fashion Design, chief brand officer of Hearst Luxury Collections E-Commerce
- Laure Heriard Dubreuil, Advertising and Marketing Communications ’01, founder and creative director of The Webster
- Stacy Flynn, Textile Development and Marketing ’99, CEO and co-founder of Evrnu
- Ralph Rucci, Fashion Design ’80, founder and designer of RR 331
- Karin Tracy, Marketing: Fashion and Related Industries ’93, managing director, Fashion, Luxury, and Retail for Meta
Rucci, designer of elegant haute couture, was granted an honorary doctorate, and the others received President’s Awards.
A separate commencement and hooding ceremony was held for the School of Graduate Studies on May 18 in the Haft Theater. Strategist and writer Sarah Holbrook, Global Fashion Management MPS ’18, addressed the graduates.